A Concert Guide

I haven't been to any concerts ever since The 1975 last March. Every now and then I've been having this syndrome called Post-Concert Depression, and I needed to do something to slightly get rid of it. So I have decided to make my very own concert guide. *Cue confetti streamers and upbeat party music* This is actually the first time I have ever tried cartooning, so this is probably not my best attempt at it, but I hope you like it.


1. NEVER FORGET YOUR TICKETS
Nothing's more important than bringing your concert tickets, I swear. You could leave anything, even your friends (just kidding, don't do that), just not your tickets. Imagine travelling miles to get to the arena, but then you realize you've forgotten your tickets at home. Then imagine cursing yourself in 24 different languages, freaking out, not knowing what to do. 

2. KNOW THE PERFORMERS
Of course the fans wouldn't have any problem with this, since they know their favorite artists or bands' songs with all their heart. You don't have to know all their songs or know every fact about them. Just know enough to get you through the show, without making yourself look awkward and lifeless because you don't know ANYTHING, not even one song. Well in the first place, you should already know the performers before you bought tickets to the show, since you paid an amount just to watch them.
3. KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
Concerts are jam-packed with people and things could get really insane! There would be ear-piercing screams everywhere once the show starts. If people start moshing all around you, join in. However, if you don't feel like it, just try to enjoy the show the best way you can in your own way.

4. DRESS COMFORTABLY
Yes, you could dress whatever you want, but you need to consider the atmosphere of the event you're going to. Would you really want to mosh in your high heels and uncomfortable clothing? You may dress in style, but don't forget to dress for the event.

5. MIND YOUR BELONGINGS
Concerts could get wild and you might not realize that you've lost something. Always keep your things close to you, especially when you're in a tight crowd. A lot of people lose things during concerts, hopefully you won't be one of them.

6. DON'T STARVE OR DEHYDRATE YOURSELF
You wouldn't want to pass out during the show, would you? Make sure you have money with you to buy food, since you'd get hungry and thirsty with all the adrenaline built up inside you. Stalls are usually found around music festivals, which makes it easier for everyone.
7. BE FRIENDLY
Since you're going to a place with people who may share the same music taste as you, might as well socialize. You might need some concert buddies to rock out with. Meeting your musical soul mates is one of the best feelings. Everyone has their own concert or fandom story to tell, so try to hear from them and try to tell your story too.

8. BE AWARE OF THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU
Everyone in the crowd come to have fun, the same way as you do. Try not to act as if you're the only person watching and avoid hitting or shoving anyone too much. You may get too starstrucked, once you finally get to see your idols live, but make sure you'll be able to control yourself and your actions.
9. DON'T RECORD THE WHOLE SHOW
There's nothing wrong with capturing moments and recording videos of the concert, but don't do it all the time. Not only will your arms get tired, but your concert experience would most likely just feel like watching a Youtube video from your device. You'll also be the #1 enemy of the people behind you, believe me.

10. HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE
Concerts are a time to step out of you comfort zone and bring out your inner rock star. Let loose and cherish every singe minute of it, especially if it's a one night show. You'll never know when you'll get to experience something like that again. It's a time to forget everything and have fun!
What else do you think people should do in a concert? Let me know down in the comments if you would like to add anything. I hope this may have helped you know what to do inside a concert! 

Happy Holidays to all of you by the way. And if you've read my About page, you'll know that my birthday's on Christmas. December's my favorite month and I've always been so excited for it. I hope each and every single one of you are having a wonderful time right now, since it's the happiest time of the year.

8 comments :

  1. Super cute! Loved the post. You are a great illustrator :-)

    cranberrydeer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the drawings - you're really talented! Did you use a ~*stylus pad thingy*~ (((WHAT DO YOU CALL THE MOUSE THAT LOOKS LIKE A STYLUS IM CONFUS))) or just a mouse? They're really cute, especially the last one. I think that dressing comfortably is definitely one of the most important factors to consider, since I've seen lots of girls wear sky high heels to Macklemore last March - I mean, MACKLEMORE. AND HEELS. WHY - and they were just standing limply (and I kinda pitied them idk). It also isn't advisable to bring a bag because they tend to get in the way and break in the process (I always break bags no matter which gig I go to hahaha). I really hope you'd blog more regularly though, you're one of my favorites!

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just scanned my drawings and edited them on Photoshop haha. And yeah! I pity those who wear uncomfortable clothes to concerts, my goodness. I'm trying to blog a bit more, but I have so much school works *sad faces* Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. This is so artsy! The "luke hemmings" fan girl is my favorite! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this post. The drawings, wooooow! Did you make them yourself? I love it.
    When it comes to the post itself, I think you pointed out the most essential things! :D Good job.

    Love, love, love. x
    Catarina // ohkori.blogspot.com

    Ps.: Heart-eye emoji for Luke Hemmings one, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And yes, I did make them :)

      Delete

Cool comments paint a smile on my face!

 

Festival Goers